The Office of Professional and Public Programs is a unique learning agent within The University of Texas at El Paso. Our mission is to provide high-quality continuing education. This includes lifelong learning opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment. We foster and support the larger University mission to serve as a gateway to an improved quality of life for people of the Paso del Norte Region.
P3 offers non-credit courses in the following areas:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Summer Institute: The AP® Summer Institute is administered by Professional and Public Programs and endorsed by the Southwestern Region of the College Board®. This institute offers subject-specific professional development opportunities for high school teachers to utilize AP® teaching strategies.
- Adult Leisure and Learning: Noncredit courses for adults for personal and community engagement. Participants can explore a wide range of subjects: from arts, dance, and contemporary issues to photography, fitness, and learning a new hobby.
- Corporate and Business Training: Noncredit courses and certifications that focus on business analysis, project management, communications, leadership, sales and negotiations, management, professional coaching, and more. We also provide customized programs to meet the particular needs and requirements of our clients.
- English Language Institute: Noncredit courses designed to help learners gain functional command of English in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Language and Cultural Studies: Noncredit courses designed to offer opportunities to develop and enhance communication skills and cross-cultural understanding that focuses on learning a new language and culture.
- Military and MYCAA Career Assistance: Offers eligible military service members and spouses assistance with funding for a variety of career training and certifications thru the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA) and Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program
- WIOA Career Assistance: Professional and Public Programs is part of the Texas Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) and offers a number of noncredit WIOA-approved programs to eligible participants seeking in-demand education and training opportunities designed to help participants return to employment, expand postsecondary options and opportunities, and support entrepreneurship goals to help stabilize our economy and community.
- Youth Programs and Camps: Offers youth fun, engaging programs to promote, excitement, and self-discovery for kids of all ages.
- Online Noncredit Courses: Self-paced, independent study noncredit online courses that can be taken any time, any place. Courses range from various personal enrichment courses to diverse career training and certification options.